hydra island horses
You can book in advance by filling out the contact form. We will confirm our availability and your reservation by e-mail. Please make sure you have read the Riding & Safety Rules.
We require a 10% deposit for the following treks:
- Saint Eupraxia
- Profitis Ilias
- Panagia Zourva
- Palamidas–Agia Marina
- Saint Matrona
- Off-season Alternatives Routes
and for groups of 4 people for all rides and treks.
Groups are limited to 4 riders. We do not offer rides for larger groups. An exception can be made only for families with more than 4 members, in which case the limit per group is 6 people.
We require 30% deposit for Bridal horses or donkeys
Note: For all rides and treks there is a minimum attendance of 2 people.
Please let us know at least 7 days in advance.
If you have sent a deposit, a full refund is given if you cancel 7 days in advance. Thereafter, deposits are not refundable.
In case of bad weather conditions or illness, we reserve the right to cancel the trek. In that event, any deposits will be refunded in full.
We don’t rent out our horses for people to take on independent rides. Argyris always accompanies his horses. Safety is our priority.
Argyris’s Horses is a small independent family-run riding company. When Argyris is not already engaged, you can contact him by phone or e-mail. He works alone.
Our company has got no relationship with the horses you may see at Hydra’s Port. You can book our services only through e mail or phone. We keep our horses at our stables and you won’t find us at the port.
We offer our services year-round.
Please follow a “Leave No Trace policy” to reduce the impact of our presence on the natural environment.
INFORMATION REQUIRED AT TIME OF BOOKING
• Name & Number of people
• Preferred riding tour and time
• Hotel name and location for pick up and return
• Contact details
• Height, weight and age in order for us to select the most suitable horses
• It is very important you advise us the level of experience.
Please quote one of the following below in your booking request:
1. Beginner – Never been on a horse before or have had a few lessons. May have trotted and may have hacked out at walking pace.
2. Novice – Mastered the basic skills in all paces and can mount and dismount unaided.
3. Intermediate – A secure and confident rider on a well-schooled horse at all paces. Happy to ride for several hours and may have some jumping experience.
4. Advanced – An experienced rider, confident and relaxed on horseback. Rides regularly. Capable of handling a horse and happy to jump. May have owned or shared their own horse and have experience of riding a variety of horses.
We keep our rates as low as possible to make our services available to as many people as possible who would like to spend time with Hydra’s horses, enjoying the island’s natural surroundings.
Be our guest and ride with us! And once you discover horse riding and the beauty of our island, you will be back soon!